Driving To Deliver Your Business

PKP Cargo acquires remaining stake in AWT

POLAND’s largest rail freight operator PKP Cargo has reached an agreement with Minezit SE to acquire its remaining 20% stake in Czech rail freight operator Advanced World Cargo (AWT). PKP Cargo will pay EUR27m for Minezit’s 15,000 shares, making it the sole shareholder in the Ostrava-based company. In 2014 PKP Cargo acquired an 80% stake in AWT for EUR103.2m, with an option to purchase the remaining 20% at a later date.

AWT operates a fleet of around 160 locomotives and more than 5000 wagons.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *