Driving To Deliver Your Business

Transport resumes along Narok-Mai Mahiu road

File Photo

Transport has resumed on the busy Narok-Mai Mahiu road after the Kenya National Highway Authority Engineers repaired the part that was cut off by flood waters Sunday night. A section of the road that had caved in last week caved in second time in a row Sunday night putting into question the safety of the road with fears that a volcanic rift could be behind the frequent cracks. The Kenya National Highways Authority engineers rushed to the scene Monday morning to fill the section of the road that has been rendered impassable two times now in less than a week.

Also Read Uhuru secures deal that will transform healthcare in Kenya KENHA says it has deployed a contractor and a team of engineers to monitor any developments on the affected area. The road has now been opened up for motorists to use after a snarl up that lasted for hours.

On Tuesday last week the road caved in paralyzing transport on the busy highway for more than six hours and motorists were forced to use the longer route through Nakuru to Nairobi or to Narok. Also Read Coast leaders vow to support Jubilee’s development agenda The ongoing rains have continued to cause havoc across the country.

In Sagana, a vehicle is said to have plunged into River Sagana after the driver lost control of the vehicle. The National Environment Management Authority has issued an advisory to Kenyans especially those living near major rivers. Also Read Opposition Coast leaders to back DP Ruto in 2022

The authority has said that most major rivers are loaded with large volumes of silt and debris a state of affairs that could see them breaking their banks.

NEMA urging those whose homes sit near the said water bodies to evacuate to safer grounds.

Motorists have also been advised to be cautious on the roads.

Tell Us What You Think[1]

References

  1. ^ Tell Us What You Think (www.kbc.co.ke)



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *