America's First Electric Fire Truck Visits the US Capital
In attendance at the viewing of the RT was Washington, D.C. Fire Chief John Donnelly and Deputy Chief Gary Steen, as well as a number of Hill staff and career government employees. “The Rosenbauer RT is the fire truck of the future,” said John Slawson, CEO and President of Rosenbauer America. “Built from the ground up using the most advanced materials and technologies, the RT is the safest fire truck on the roads today – for firefighters, for communities and for the environment.” The RT is America’s first fully electric apparatus and boasts a high level of safety, excellent driving dynamics and maneuverability, innovative safety features, and is fully networked.
These features and more make the RT the most modern emergency vehicle on the market and sets an entirely new standard within the fire industry. Environmental benefits of the RT include:
- Reduced emissions – The RT’s electric drive is not only extremely powerful, but also noise emission-free. This greatly reduces the noise level at the scene of the emergency, making it easier for the crew to communicate, reducing stress, and benefiting nearby residents.
The electric drive train ensures that almost no fuel is combusted while driving. The lighting and auxiliary equipment chargers are also powered directly by the batteries. A local power grid can be created with up to 14 kW can be operated simultaneously via the power outlet.
- Flexible and versatile vehicle – The RT is conceived as a multipurpose vehicle, a pumper first and foremost, a connected mobile command unit, and a vehicle for assistance in wildland fires.
This in part due to its adjustable ride height, and crew cabin concept with its rotating front seats.
- Electric and long lasting – The RT has a charging capacity of up to 150 kW, which means that the built-in batteries can be recharged quickly. Short-range operations are not a problem, even when used frequently in large metropolitan cities. Due to the built-in range extender, the RT can extend its electrical driving range; The REX comprises of a small diesel engine powering a large generator, without any limitations.
“We are honored to introduce the future of firefighting to our country’s decision,” concluded Slawson. “We look forward to seeing the Rosenbauer RT on roads across the country in the coming years.”
For more information about Rosenbauer America, visit www.RosenbauerAmerica.com, Facebook, and Twitter. About Rosenbauer America
Rosenbauer America is a leading manufacturer of custom fire apparatus. The company offers a full line of custom and commercial pumpers, rescue pumpers, mini and rescue pumpers, tankers, aerial ladders and platforms featuring Smart Aerial Technology.
On behalf of Rosenbauer America
- Yale P-BS1-BLX-PB-60, BS1 British Standard Nightlatch, 60 mm, Brass Finish,...
SALE PRICE: £52.00YOU SAVE: £3.21 Traditional high security Yale Nightlatch approved to British Standard BS 8621:2007 and Police Secure by Design […]
- Wireless Doorbell Camera Laxihub B1, WiFi Security Outdoor Bell with Motion...
SALE PRICE: £78.99YOU SAVE: £4.00 【1080p Full HD with Enhanced Night Vision & 150° wide angle】The B1 Wi-Fi video doorbell records footage […]
- Neewer 18-inch LED Ring Light Kit for Makeup Youtube Video Blogger Salon –...
SALE PRICE: £105.94YOU SAVE: £9.05 This fits your . by entering your model number. KIT INCLUDES: (1)18-inch LED Ring Light, (1)Light Stand, […]
- Samsung A202 Galaxy A20e 4G 32GB Dual-SIM blue EU
SALE PRICE: £134.00YOU SAVE: £4.00 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. Android 9.0 Smartphone (Pie) Screen 5.8” – […]