Live updates – 6-mile queue on M1 after lorry sheds its load
There are long queues on the southbound M1 this afternoon after a lorry lost some of its load on the M69 near the junction at Fosse Park.
The incident is at a point where the M69 is only two lanes wide, leaving only one lane open for traffic.
The Inrix traffic service said in its report: “One lane closed and queueing traffic on M69 southbound after M1 J21 (Leicester).
“Congestion to the M1 island, which is having a knock on effect onto the A5460 back to the Everards Island.”
Updates on this incident are below.
We want you to be able to get your news from around Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland whenever and however you want it.
And plenty of you already do, with more than 4.1 million users coming to our website every month.
- ^ our website (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)
- ^ a Facebook page (www.facebook.com)
- ^ @leicslive (twitter.com)
- ^ sign up to receive our newsletter. (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)
- ^ traffic and travel (www.facebook.com)
- ^ crime (www.facebook.com)
- ^ politics (www.facebook.com)
- ^ many more subjects. (www.facebook.com)
- ^ for both Android (play.google.com)
- ^ Apple devices (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ InYourArea.co.uk (www.inyourarea.co.uk)
- ^ an app (www.inyourarea.co.uk)
- Mystic Moments Melt and Pour Soap Base Clear SLS FREE – 2Kg
RRP PRICE: £13.45SALE PRICE: £12.99YOU SAVE: £0.46 Melt and Pour Soap Base Clear 2Kg SLS FREE Biodegradable 100% Vegetable Base Paraben Free Check […]
- Expandable Garden Hose Pipe 100 FT，Solid Brass Fittings- Flexible Expanding...
SALE PRICE: £19.69YOU SAVE: £9.30 Lightweight Garden Hose: The flexible expanding water hose uses a high-density triple-layer latex core and a […]