Nine mile queues for Dartford Crossing
Drivers heading to the Dartford crossing should expect delays of up to an hour in 9-mile tailbacks.
Traffic on the M25 to get into Essex is stretched as far back as junction 4 for Orpington.
One lane of four remains closed between Junction 1A and 1B at the Princes Road Interchange.
It is reportedly due to a crash involving multiple vehicles.
Fire crews were called to attend reports the tyres of a lorry had caught alight near junction 1A shortly before 4pm.
One fire engine attended and the vehicle’s tyres were said to be smoking on arrival.
Crews then cooled the wheels down with hose reel jets.
There are currently hour long delays and the volume of traffic is also affecting the A2.
According to traffic service Inrix there has been a further report of a breakdown in the queues.
Kent Fire and Rescue have been contacted for comment.
More to follow.
- ^ eight-mile queues at the Crossing. (www.kentonline.co.uk)
- ^ latest traffic and travel news here (www.kentonline.co.uk)
- ^ following our live blog. (www.kentonline.co.uk)
- ^ Listen to kmfm for regular travel updates. (www.kmfm.co.uk)
- ^ Read more: All the latest news from Dartford (www.kentonline.co.uk)
- Mystic Moments Melt and Pour Soap Base Clear SLS FREE – 2Kg
RRP PRICE: £13.45SALE PRICE: £12.99YOU SAVE: £0.46 Melt and Pour Soap Base Clear 2Kg SLS FREE Biodegradable 100% Vegetable Base Paraben Free Check […]
- Expandable Garden Hose Pipe 100 FT，Solid Brass Fittings- Flexible Expanding...
SALE PRICE: £19.69YOU SAVE: £9.30 Lightweight Garden Hose: The flexible expanding water hose uses a high-density triple-layer latex core and a […]