Berger to Lead Transportation National Business Line, WSP USA
Written by Marybeth Luczak, Executive Editor
Sofia Berger, incoming Executive Leader, Transportation National Business Line, WSP USA WSP USA is promoting Sofia Berger to Executive Leader of the Transportation National Business Line, succeeding Joseph G. Pulicare, who will retire at the end of the year.
Berger will assume her new role leading the company’s largest business line on Sept.
20. She has served as Senior Vice President and Deputy Director of the Advisory National Business Line for WSP USA since January. She is currently Project Manager for the New York Penn Station master plan to renovate and expand the 655,000-square-foot transportation hub (partners are New York Metropolitan Transportation Agency, New Jersey Transit and Amtrak), and Project Manager for Organizational Preparedness for the Gateway Program Development Corp.
Previously, Berger was Senior Vice President for U.S. Transportation at Louis Berger, the global engineering services firm founded in 1953 by her grandfather, until the firm was acquired by WSP in 2018. She joined Louis Berger in 2012 after 10 years of work as an engineer and management consultant in the private sector.
WSP USA President and CEO Lou Cornell
“Sofia brings a versatile background in construction, engineering and project management to the WSP USA executive leadership team,” WSP USA President and CEO Lou Cornell said. “Sofia has a clear vision for the Transportation business line’s future as an interdisciplinary group and how to leverage the versatility of our people to deliver on that value proposition.
Her experience leading integrated, multi-faceted programs, along with her commitment to delivering climate, sustainability and equity solutions for communities, position us well for long-term growth.”
“Over the past five years, Joe’s strong leadership has been essential to the growth and performance of the entire company,” Cornell said. “His legacy will live on in the world-class expertise of the WSP people he developed and mentored.
We wish him the very best.”
Categories: Commuter/Regional, High Performance, Intercity, Light Rail, News, Passenger, Rapid Transit Tags: Breaking News, Gateway Development Corp, Louis Berger, New Jersey Transit, New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, WSP USA
- TEMI Pretend Play Food, DIY 105 PCS Cutting Birthday Party Cake Toys Set w/...
SALE PRICE: £10.19YOU SAVE: £1.80 ★ PRETEND PLAY FOR EARLY EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT – Encourages your little one’s imagination, creativity, […]
- TP Toys TP612 Wooden Deluxe Mud Kitchen: shopmatrix.net: Toys & Games
SALE PRICE: £149.99 The TP Deluxe Wooden Mud Kitchen is made from FSC certified timber The ultimate mud kitchen featuring an oven with door and […]
- Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Bumblebee Converting Toy...
SALE PRICE: £16.14YOU SAVE: £2.36 About this item 2-IN-1 RESCUE BOTS ACADEMY TOY: Little heroes can enjoy twice the fun with 2 modes of play, […]
- Rabing Baby Piano Keyboard Toy, 31 Keys Multi-Function Electronic Toy Piano for...
SALE PRICE: £27.99 【Lovely & Easy-handle Piano Toy Keyboard】Size 31cm*34.5cm*29cm not too big for your kids, easy to play in-home or […]