The top Manchester news stories today

Some of the top stories from the Manchester Evening News today include a double stabbing at the Warehouse Project, a man with cerebral palsy who berated a top Tory politician, and a survivor of the most prolific rapist in British judicial history speaking out for the first time. In case you missed them today, we’ve put together some teasers below and links to full articles. Here are the top stories from Manchester today (October 2).

Survivor raped by serial predator Reynhard Sinaga speaks out for first time

Battered and bruised after one of his victims fought back, this mugshot of Reynhard Sinaga has also been released for the first time

Predator Reynhard Sinaga stalked the streets of Manchester targeting his victims.

And after a police officer arrived at his door, Daniel realised he was one of them. The officer had pictures of him which ‘trophy rapist’ Sinaga had took after drugging him. “It’s just horrible to see yourself that vulnerable on photos that someone else has taken,” he says in a new BBC documentary.

Sign up to the free MEN email newsletter

The top Manchester news stories today

Get the latest updates from across Greater Manchester direct to your inbox with the free MEN newsletter

You can sign up very simply by following the instructions here[1] “You can see that I’m comatose. It’s horrible to see.

I look dead.” Sinaga, 37, is currently serving a 40-year stretch behind bars after he was convicted of 136 rapes and a string of sexual assaults against 48 men. But police say there are 206 victims in total – around 60 of whom are yet to be identified.

Man with cerebral palsy berates Jacob Rees-Mogg outside Tory conference

The top Manchester news stories todayDominic Hutchins confronting Jacob Rees Mogg

Dominic Hutchins, who has cerebral palsy, angrily challenged Jacob Rees-Mogg as the top Tory headed to the Conservative Party conference.

Mr Hutchins labelled the Leader of the House of Commons a ‘disgrace’, and challenged him on the Government’s track record on disability rights. He said: “You’re just another Eton millionaire Tory who looks down on disabled people. “You basically said you’re disabled, but are you really disabled?

“It’s shameful.” Mr Rees-Mogg defended the Government’s approach as being “there to support” people as he stopped to listen to the ember of the Disabled People Against Cuts group.

Double stabbing at Warehouse Project as two men knifed

The top Manchester news stories todayThe Warehouse Project, based at Mayfield Depot

Two men were stabbed at the Warehouse Project in the early hours of Sunday. They were knifed after a row broke out in the club.

The two men, aged 20 and 21, were taken to hospital, and their condition was described as not being life threatening. GMP are investigating, and have asked for witnesses to come forward. No arrests have been made.

Shock after police arrest man ‘stabbing people’ in Moston

The top Manchester news stories todayThe scene on Moston Lane last night

It took up to 10 police officers to apprehend a man armed with a weapon in Moston, witnesses said.

Police were called to Moston Lane last night to reports of a man ‘stabbing people’. A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of assault. Officers found a man had been stabbed.

His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing. One shop worker told how he saw a group of at least four men arguing near a takeaway shortly after 9pm. Another said: “It looked like they were drunk then they had a fight.”

Another resident, who asked not to be named, told the M.E.N: “It took ten of them [police officers] to pin him down.”

Nurse Lucy Letby denies murdering eight babies while working at neonatal unit

The top Manchester news stories todayLucy Letby

A nurse appeared in court to deny murdering eight babies while working in the neonatal unit of a hospital. Lucy Letby, 31, entered not guilty pleas to 18 offences at Manchester Crown Court. She is alleged to have murdered five boys and three girls whilst working at the neonatal unit of the Countess of Chester Hospital.

She is also accused of the attempted murder of five boys and five girls; all alleged offences committed between June 2015 and June 2016.

Ms Letby, of Arran Avenue, Hereford, could go on trial in October next year.

Sign up to the MEN email newsletters to get the latest on sport, news, what’s on and more by following this link[2]

References

  1. ^ here (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
  2. ^ Sign up to the MEN email newsletters to get the latest on sport, news, what’s on and more by following this link (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073CNVNJ6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=shopdiscountz-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B073CNVNJ6&linkId=d543433a5e246472fe593bf347718a50